Rating Criteria: New 2020 KSI List
- During Q4-2019, we conducted a major overhaul of all KSIs – to continually sharpen and simplify – yet retain the integrity for year-over-year comparisons.
- We received terrific input and very detailed comments from about 20+ active Scorecard users – and as a result we were able to eliminate 18 KSIs (!) and considerable sharpen the (Stage 1 – Stage 4) descriptors.
- Attached here is the final, new 2020 KSI listing.
What Your Peers are Saying
PPG Industries: C-Suite Survey: In November 2019, Mike Corcoran and Mark Cancilla shared how PPG Industries selected their “top 20” KSIs, converted them into a survey form, sent the survey to the top 100 executives in the company, analyzed the results, and shared them at the CEO’s off-site meeting in January 2020.
UPS: ESG Council Excel Ratings and Analysis: In March 2020, Patrick Browne shared how UPS engaged 11 members of their Sustainability Steering Team to each complete ESG Navigator ratings (using the Excel tool) – and then analyzed the results as a team.
Ingersoll Rand: Using ESG Navigator to Drive ESG Leadership: In September 2019, Scott Tew shared how Ingersoll Rand has been reaping value from the Scorecard in various ways over the past three years. Watch the short video below – from our September webinar.
- Go to back-up page to view companies actively involved from 2018 to 2020
- See also the ~70 companies involved in shaping this tool between 1997 and 2018
- During 2020 we expect to announce a major strategic partnership that will grow participation 10x
Publications and Talks
- MarketWatch Opinion (March 27, 2020): Boeing’s 737 MAX problem is a symptom of another widespread illness plaguing Wall Street
- “Beware the 80/20 Governance Trap: Focus on the “G” in ESG — Lessons from the PG&E Bankruptcy Filing“ The Conference Board, May 1, 2019
- Blog: ESG Oversight Lessons from the PG&E Bankruptcy Filing: Where External ESG Ratings Fall Short – and Why
- Scorecard Book (“Sustainability: What It Is and How to Measure It“) published November 2018 by De Gruyter
- Companion book to The Corporate Sustainability Scorecard
- Learn More or Purchase “Sustainability – What It Is and How to Measure It”
- “CSO Priorities in 2019” – Suppliers Partnership for the Environment, April 2019
- Since January 2019, we have held monthly webinars for participating companies and interested parties.
- Click back-up page to download files from our past 2019 monthly webinars – or to register for upcoming ones.
- What’s the end result? How are companies using ESG Navigator?
- Download an example “pitch deck” – and imagine yourself giving this pitch using your company data on your company templates.