About Hedstrom Associates
After 20 years at Arthur D. Little, Gib founded Hedstrom Associates in 2004. The firm specializes in business consulting and executive counsel on sustainability, governance, and strategy.
- His clients have included Accenture, Alcoa, Ashland, Autodesk, Baxter, Boeing, BP, Calvert, Coca-Cola, Conoco, Cytec, Dell, Ford, GE, HP, Kodak, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Pemex, Raytheon, Shell, Tyco United Technologies, USG, and United States Steel, among many others.
- See www.hedstromassociates.com.
About Gib Hedstrom
Gib Hedstrom has over 30 years of experience advising CEOs and board members about how to handle difficult environmental and business challenges. He has reported directly to boards of directors of Fortune 500 companies on over 50 occasions. Gib works with companies that want to be profitable, admired for their societal contributions, and thriving as successful enterprises.
ESG Navigator builds on Gib’s 30 years of experience working in the trenches with executives at over 250 companies of all sizes in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
- Over the past 22 years, ESG Navigator (until January 2020 called The Corporate Sustainability Scorecard) has been used, challenged, shaped, and refined by executive sustainability teams at dozens of diverse companies.
- Gib is in constant contact with over 100 leading companies globally – through his consulting work and his involvement with The Conference Board.
- See Gib’s bio here.
Partnership with The Conference Board
Gib Hedstrom has a long-standing partnership with The Conference Board, dating back to the mid-1990s. In the early-2000s, Gib ran The Conference Board’s annual Sustainability Conferences. From 2008 to 2018, he served as Program Director of three sustainability councils for The Conference Board:
- Sustainability Council I: Strategy and Execution
- Sustainability Council II: Innovation and Growth
- Chief Environment, Health, and Safety Officers’ Council
Each Council met three times a year for several days. Collectively, there are nearly 100 sustainability executives from Fortune 500 companies on these councils.
The Conference Board has published two major thought leadership articles specifically about ESG Navigator:
- “Beware the 80-20 Governance Trap: Focus on the “G” in ESG,” Sustainability Matters, The Conference Board, May 2019
- “Navigating the Sustainability Transformation,” Director Notes, The Conference Board, January 2015