“ESG Navigator is not another one-size-fit-all rating scheme. The Navigator organizes current and emerging ESG topics in one place. It assists practitioners in assessing the relevance of these topics to their business and, with context, examines the organization’s maturity in each area and identifies improvement opportunities.”
Edan Dionne – Vice President – IBM
The ESG Navigator Maturity Model contains our master ESG Navigator framework and rating criteria. For over 20 years, the rating criteria have been shaped, vetted, tested, and refined by nearly 100 ESG Navigator users. Think of the Maturity Model as the C-Suite’s ESG organizing framework — the library of structures, processes, activities leading companies engage in to manage ESG risks and opportunities.
Annually (for the past five years and ongoing), we conduct a comprehensive review of the KSIs that involved:
- Making changes our team tracks during the year, including input from you – ESG Navigator users.
- Inviting active ESG Navigator members to provide input.
- Soliciting comments from the ESG research team at The Conference Board.
Rating Criteria may be available upon request if you are not currently a registered user; please email Gib (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to learn more.
What do I get at the end? What is the return on my (time) investment of an hour or two putting my (confidential) company self-assessment data in the ESG Navigator platform?
The example C-Suite pitch decks provide a key part of the answer.
ESG Navigator is much more than a company rating tool. Embedded in ESG Navigator are over 500 company best practices – organized to align with the (currently 114) ESG Navigator Rating Criteria.
- Any Registered Users can access all best practice examples while completing your company scorecard ratings.
- Companies that join Option B (Standard) or Option C (Premium) can also access and download the best practices in additional ways: view best practices in the detailed analytics (bar charts) for each KSI; and download the best practices library.
A comprehensive Excel Toolkit is part of the ESG Navigator platform – available (only) to Registered Users. (To become a Registered User, simply Request Log-in Access. The Excel Toolkit consists of:
- Excel versions of the Rating Tool – enabling Registered Users to distribute the Excel sheets internally; have many colleagues inside the company rate all (or a portion of) the KSIs; and send to us.
- We provide to Option B and Option C (paid) Registered Users a Special Excel Analysis Report – which analyzes the inputs from 2-100 completed Excel Rating sheets and sends back a comprehensive HTML report.
- During 2020, either a single completed Excel sheet or the average scores on our Special Excel Analysis Report – will be automatically uploaded to the ESG Navigator site as your latest Company Scorecard.
ESG Navigator – and it’ predecessor name (the Corporate Sustainability Scorecard) has been featured in a variety of articles and books over the past several years.
- Purchase the comprehensive ESG Navigator book: “Sustainability: What It Is and How to Measure It“
- View and download various articles featuring ESG Navigator.