“External ESG ratings focus predominantly on environmental and social risks – with hardly any focus on governance or strategy. That’s where ESG Navigator is especially helpful.”
Linda Hilbert – Executive Director – Consumers Energy
New ESG Performance Maps
During 2020, about 25-30 ESG Navigator member companies asked for – then shaped and fine-tuned – our new ESG Performance Maps. We ran a pilot with 20 companies in mid-2020 and launched ESG Performance Maps in September 2020.
Would you like to see – on one page – how a dozen of the main ESG ratings and frameworks compare:
- to each other?
- to your ESG Navigator ratings?
- (and especially) to the “top 10-15” KSIs you and your team mark as “Highly Relevant” to your company’s future growth and profitability?
1. We start with a basic “Coverage Map” – showing the extent to which 14 ESG frameworks and ratings “cover” or address the content of ESG Navigator KSIs (which = the things companies do to create value from ESG):
2. We then add in your company ESG Navigator Scores:
3. We then show your “heat map” analysis:
4. Then sort by the “HR!” column – to show those KSIs you and your team mark as highest priority for your company:
5. Then show your “heat map” at a summary level – showing the 17 major “elements” of ESG Navigator:
6. Finally a Dashboard shows your overall Ratings Positioning Score (here is one of many analytics):
Contact Gib (email@example.com) if you would like a brief demo of how all the interactive ESG Performance Maps work – and what you would be able to see with your company data.